A subsidiary of Triarc Companies, Inc., Arby's Inc. is a leading global fast-food restaurant chain with more than 2,800 restaurants worldwide. Arby's is distinguished within the industry by its menu, which features roast beef sandwiches. The chain expanded rapidly during the 1970s and 1980s by franchising.
Arby's Restaurant Copycat Recipe
2 slices rye bread
2 teaspoons Thousand Island dressing
2 tablespoons sauerkraut, drained
1 slice Swiss Cheese
3 slices turkey breast
2 slices corned beef
2 teaspoon butter
Lay bread slices flat and spread with dressing. Top one slice with sauerkraut, cheese, turkey, and corned beef. Top with the other bread slice, dressing side down. Spread the top of the sandwich with 1 teaspoon butter. Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Place sandwich in the skillet, buttered side down. Spread the top with remaining 1 teaspoon butter. Cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side, pressing down with a spatula to seal.
Arby's New Items:
- Montreal Steak and Portabella (pictured): Sliced USDA Choice steak with Montreal steak seasoning, roasted portobello mushrooms, caramelized onions, naturally aged Swiss cheese and garlic aioli, served on a sub roll, $5.59, price may vary by franchisee
- Angus Philly: Thinly sliced Angus beef seasoned with Italian herbs and topped with roasted green bell peppers, onions, melted Swiss cheese and garlic aioli, $5.59, price may vary by franchisee
- Three Cheese & Bacon: Swiss and shredded Cheddar cheeses and Parmesan-peppercorn ranch sauce, on sliced Angus steak and thick cut pepper bacon, $5.59, price may vary by franchisee
Availability: Through Dec. 31, 2014
Arby's New Item
- Crème Brulee Shake, custard shake with caramel swirl, topped with whipped cream and caramelized sugar bits, $2.89.
Availability: Through November, 2014
Arby's Copycat Recipe
1 package puff pastry sheets
1 (12 oz.) bag frozen raspberries, thawed
3/4 cup sugar
3 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
In medium saucepan, combine raspberries, sugar, cornstarch and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture boils and thickens, about 15 minutes. Refrigerate 1 hour or until mixture comes to room temperature.
Thaw pastry sheets at room temperature 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 400. Unfold pastry on lightly floured surface. Roll each sheet into a 12 inch square and cut into 4 (6 inch) squares. Place 1/4 cup raspberry mixture in center of each square. Brush edges with water. Fold to form triangles, seal edges firmly with a fork. Place on 2 baking sheets. Bake 25 minutes or until golden.
Arby's New Item
- Gyro, choice of roast beef or turkey seasoned with Greek seasonings, topped with lettuce, tomato, red onion and tzatziki sauce, served on pita, $3.99
Availability: Through Sept. 30, 2014
Arby's New Items:
The new Mega Meat Stacks are all priced at $5.49.
- Triple Stack: Turkey, roast beef, pepper bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise on honey wheat bread
- Club Stack: Ham, turkey, Swiss cheese, pepper bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise on harvest wheat bun
- Reuben Super Stack: Corned beef, turkey, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut and Thousand Island dressing on marble rye bread
Availability: Through the end of August, 2014
This was a limited time offering from Arby's. To make this at home just add milk to mint chocolate chip ice cream and top with whipped cream and some shaved Andes mint chocolate.
Arby's is getting into the sauce selling business (at least for a little while) with the sale of new limited-time-only bottled Horsey sauce and Arby's sauce at participating Arby's restaurants nationwide.
The chain was testing the bottled sauces earlier this year.
The bottles carry a suggested retail price of $2.49 per bottle and are also available in a gift pack with two bottles for $4.79. Both sauces come in 11.5-ounce bottles and are only available for a limited time while supplies last.
If you've never tried them, Horsey Sauce is Arby's horseradish-mayo blend and Arby's Sauce is the chain's signature barbecue sauce.
Arby's Foundation and King's Hawaiian Donate $30,000 for Emergency Food Relief in Oklahoma (via PR Newswire)
ATLANTA, June 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Arby's Foundation and King's Hawaiian announced today that they will be making a joint donation of $30,000 for emergency food relief to the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma. The funds will be used to supply much needed food resources to the families affected…