I love the Roast Beef sandwiches at Arby's and have come up with a restaurant copycat recipe which is very close to the original sandwich served at t I usually buy roast beef at the deli when it is on sale to make these sandwiches.
Ingredients for Arby's Roast Beef
- Thinly sliced roast beef from the deli
- 1 can of beef broth
- plain hamburger buns
- Place the roast beef and broth in a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat for a minute or two to warm.
- Add a light coating of butter to the inside of the bun and toast lightly.
- Place the warm roast beef on the bun. Pile as high as you like.
Note: The broth makes the meat juicier. If you want cheese add some melted velveta cheese to the sandwich.
Makes 1 cup. he restaurant.
Arby's Sauce Copycat Recipe
For me it is the sauce which really makes the sandwich and this recipe will make you think that you are eating at Arby's restaurant.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tsp water
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1./4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Combine all the ingredients into a sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat.
- Stir constantly until sauce boils. (5-10 minutes)
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Will keep in the refrigerator for a month or two.